Back in January, I published a blog on the transformation of professional development to an entire ecosystem due to several factors including ESSA and teacher retention. Which bring up the question, where is your district at regarding this transformation? To help we’ve created a quiz that allows you to score based on the different areas of the PD ecosystem.
The PD ecosystem model includes six main areas:
- Planning – Identifying what professional development is needed, such as creating individualized plans or enrolling in a new teacher induction program.
- Instructional Method – Determining the ways that teachers will have access to professional development, including coaching, PLCs, conferences, consultants, university courses, online instruction, or workshops.
- Instructional Topics – Recognizing what subject matter is necessary to meet state standards, individual teacher growth plans, and district initiatives.
- Evaluation – Assessing progress and achievement to identify if a goal has been met as well as determining future professional development needs.
- Tracking & Reporting – Collecting what instruction has been taken and evaluation results as well as being able to produce reports needed by the state or district.
- Outcomes – Recognizing what goals teachers have achieved, including re-licensure, career advancement, or more effective instruction.
Across these six areas of professional development, how would you rate your PD program?
Start the Quiz